As far as jobs go, I reckon “playground layout designer” doesn’t sound like a half bad title. And you wouldn’t think it would be too difficult. I mean, sure, you’d have to get the balance right between fun and safety, but at the end of the day a playground is a playground. Right?
Well… Maybe not. Apparently, some people are still capable of creating the weirdest, creepiest, most non functional places in existence. I wouldn’t personally choose to have my slide coming out of an elephant’s butt – but hey, perhaps it’s just a lot more difficult than anyone would suspect until they were thrown in at the deep end.
(And you could always call it an elephant’s backslide…)
Could you even imagine what it must be like for parents and children to come across these abominations? Let’s delve deep into the worst of the worst when it comes to playgrounds.
How bad can it get? Very.
1. Where does this slide go? Nobody knows!
2. When you try to come up with the fastest slide in the world and instead you make an ankle destroying structure
3. …Or just an outright deathtrap
4. What’s more fun than smacking into a wall at the end of your slide? A concussion!
5. When your playground has a tiny budget
6. It’s never too soon to crush the dreams of kids who think they can make the loop
7. Who put that there?!
8. Sometimes accidents can be premeditated, if you only look…
9. Don’t forget to look both ways before you get on
10. When your idea comes from a funny dream you had, it’s often best to leave it in the dream
11. But apparently, these are desirable??
12. If you can’t please ’em, terrify ’em in a way that will scar them for life
13. The concept of “half and half” isn’t always a good thing
14. No one knows exactly how these things reach the approval stage, but they do
15. We asked for a playground, not a rendition of Human Centipede!
16. As if we needed another reason to find clowns the actual creepiest things on Earth
17. I feel like this would explain some mysterious disappearances
18. I never want to put my hands on those arches. At all. Ever.
19. Just duck, you’ll be fine…
20. And finally: Even ghost kids need to have fun sometimes!