Let’s face it, relationships are hard work. ‘They’ say that love shouldn’t be hard, but come on, it is. Plus, usually, anything easy isn’t really worth it.
& You know what!? You only get one shot at life (as far as we know!) so we can totally be forgiven for being picky!
If someone is treating you badly, cheating on you and making you feel worthless, then it’s a for certain sign that things probably aren’t going to work out with that person, nor should you want it to.
But sometimes, as you will soon see, people take this pickiness to whole new heights…and it’s got nothing to do with adultery or belittling someone, they’re really tiiiiiiny reasons and people have legitimately used them as a way to drop their (not so) beloved’s like a hot potato.
Are you as picky in love as this lot? Read on and let us know!
1. “He ‘signed’ all of his texts.”
Okay, that is a bit weird…actually, I can’t decide if it’s weird or quirky, no, let’s stick with weird! I can definitely imagine that getting on one’s nerves after a short while.
2. “He proudly told me he hadn’t gone to the dentist in 10 years.”
Oh dear, that’s really not something to be proud of!? Tell me, did he actually have any teeth left in his head!? It would have been a no-no to kissing from that moment on, so no wonder she gave him the chop!
3. “We drove out to Vegas for the weekend and he was THE WORST singer. Our trip was literally just FOUR AGONIZING HOURS of listening to someone sing off-key. I Still think breaking up with him was justified.”
Yikes! Well, I can’t really say anything to this, as I LOVE singing, but I don’t think I’m a particularly good singer. She could have just politely asked him to stop singing rather than dropping him though, surely!?
4. “His kisses always tasted like milk.”
Ewww, I don’t mind milk, but milky kissing? Urgh! I had an ex-boyfriend who always tasted spicy when I kissed him, I’m sure he never brushed his teeth. Urgh. I totally dodged a bullet there!
5. “When I was 5, I had one of those kindergarten relationships. I broke up with him because he proposed and 5-year-old me thought I was going to get pregnant if I married him.”
Awww, well, you were only five, girl! At least it shows you still had your innocence! It was a very responsible thing to do, in my opinion!
6. “He once called a bl*wjob a ‘sucky-suck.'”
Well, that wouldn’t be off-putting whatsoever, would it!? I’m sorry but I just think this is really cringe worthy and embarrassing. I would have ended it too.
7. “I met a guy on Tinder who was ridiculously good looking. But for our first date, he took me to a Civil War re-enactment and told me his past relationships hadn’t worked out because he loves history too much and doesn’t understand why that was a problem.”
Well, I’m not really sure what to say on this one really, it’s a difficult one. Kudos to him for not being ashamed of his hobbies, but I get the feeling he may have been going a little overboard with it if that’s the main reason for his failed relationships! Plus, a date is meant to be about both people, not just one.
8. “He only ate chicken nuggets. Literally only chicken nuggets.”
Errrrm, can I get his number!? *ahem*
9. “He peed behind a tree in a parking lot at the county fair. He walked right by the bathrooms and still did this.”
What is it with men and marking their territory!? You’re not in the wild anymore for god’s sake, just put it away! & why walk past the bathrooms!? The designated PLACE for tiddling? Very strange.
10. “He read EVERY SINGLE BILLBOARD out loud when we were driving back from a date in the city.”
Errrm, okay? That isn’t normal, is it!? But let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume that he was nervous and didn’t know what else to say…I’m really hoping that’s the case.
11. “Someone I know ended a relationship because he paid with a $100 bill at the bar and his girlfriend had never seen one before. He said he couldn’t be with someone that was impressed over $100. They were in their mid-twenties!”
What a really petty and obscure reason to break up with her! I’m English and I’ve never seen or had a £50 note and I would totally get impressed by it if someone I knew had one! Maybe that just says more about me though…who knows!?
12. “He hummed. All. The. Time.”
Yes, that would get extremely annoying after a while! & They always say that the little habits become bigger problems as time goes on, so I guess it’s always best to stop things before you get too deep.
13. “My little sister broke up with her boyfriend after he ‘reached his hand into her bag of potato chips and took a handful without asking.’ Right after he left our house, she texted him and ended the relationship.”
Yep, totally legit reason! My crisps are exactly that! MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! & You don’t touch them if you want to live!
14. “I once dumped a guy because he got pneumonia and I was afraid that I would catch it.”
Well, if you’re a bit of a germophobe, then this would make sense. & Pneumonia is pretty nasty, no one wants that! (I’m pretty sure that some forms of it, are contagious.) At the end of the day, you have to look after yourself!
15. “I broke up with a boyfriend because he couldn’t chew with his mouth closed. I would remind him but it didn’t stop. Then one night, we were out to dinner and while he was chewing, a piece of food FELL OUT OF HIS MOUTH!!! I just stared at him and he shrugged and continued eating. I calmly put down my napkin, stood up, and left the restaurant (and him.) I never looked back.”
You know what!? I fully agree with this one. I can’t stand bad eating habits, chewing noises or people chewing with their mouth open. I’ll admit that I’ve ended friendships for this same reason and it was totally worth it!
16. “When I was in ninth grade I legitimately broke up with my boyfriend because he had a wart on his pinky. I thought it was gross — I could feel it every time we held hands.”
Well, to be fair, that wasn’t really the guy’s fault, but I understand it could have been annoying…anyway, he could have always got it removed for her!? Now that would have been a sign of true love right there!
17. “He would always stare at me and try to get me to exchange loving glances. Like I’d be watching TV, cooking, texting, minding my own business and I’d feel him staring at me…So uncomfortable.”
This is actually quite creepy, I get that he was probably just trying to be romantic, but you can’t force that sh*t.
18. “He told me he ‘knew’ he wouldn’t like my dog.”
K Bye! See ya, don’t let the door hit your as* on the way out! Pets before prats, guys! #sorrynotsorry
19. “He stole toilet paper from a Superstore while we were grocery shopping. He was 28.”
Yeah, that’s gotta be a sign of some more deep-rooted issue! Sometimes the small things say a lot about the bigger stuff going on inside someone. Not to mention that stealing ANYTHING is wrong, so he also had questionable morals. #bulletdodged
20. “He farted while we were cuddling in bed one night and instead of laughing it off or simply apologizing, he said (in a baby voice): ‘Oopsie, I pooted!’ I was instantly not attracted to him anymore and left pretty much immediately.”
Urgh, I agree with you, girl! If you want to make your attractiveness level plummet, then just do this….it’s the sure fire way to come across as immature and…frankly, quite weird.