Please note that due to some foul-mouthed Space Marines, this post contains bad language.
There’s often a debate as to whether ‘Alien’, or its sequel ‘Aliens’, is the better film. To be honest it’s like comparing chalk with cheese, as they might be part of the same franchise but they couldn’t be more different, with one a horror film and the other an action film.
But there’s definitely one department where the sequel wins out, and that’s with the vast amount of quotable dialogue it contains. So to celebrate this, below are The 20 Greatest Quotes From Aliens (and if you’re wondering, and the answer is that Hudson is involved in exactly half of them, RIP Bill Paxton).
Which is your favourite quote? Are there any that we’ve missed?
1) Ripley: “Get away from her you BITCH!”
2) Newt: “We’d better get back, ’cause it’ll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night. Mostly.”
3) Hudson: “Game over man! Game over! What the f*ck are we going to do now? What are we gonna do?”
4) Hudson: “Hey Vasquez have you ever been mistaken for a man?”
Vasquez: “No, have you?”
5) Hudson: “We’re on an express elevator to hell, going down!”
6) Hudson: “Right, right. Somebody said alien, she thought they said illegal alien and signed up!”
Vasquez: “F*ck you, man!”
Hudson: “Anytime, anywhere.”
7) Ripley: “This is little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.”
Hudson: “Why don’t you put her in charge!”
8) Ripley: “You know, Burke, I don’t know which species is worse. You don’t see them f*cking each-other over for a goddamn percentage.”
9) Hudson: “Stop your grinnin’ and drop your linen!”
10) Vasquez: “Look, man. I only need to know one thing. Where they are.”
11) Newt: “My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are.”
12) Ripley: “I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”
13) Hudson: “Hey maybe you haven’t been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal!”
14) Ripley: “You’re going out there to destroy them, right? Not to study. Not to bring back, but to wipe them out?”
Burke: “That’s the plan.”
15) Hudson: “What do you mean they cut the power? How could they cut the power man, they’re animals!”
16) Apone: “All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal’s a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love the Corps!”
17) Hicks: [pulling out his pump-action shotgun] “I like to keep this handy, for close encounters.”
18) Bishop: “Not bad… for a human.”
19) Hudson: “Hey Ripley, don’t worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phased plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks…”
20) Frost: “What the hell are we supposed to use man, harsh language?”