The article goes on to give examples of some of the characteristics that Generation X are blessed with, which we have compiled into a handy list of 10. Do you identify with some of these characteristics? Could you even identify with ALL of them?
1. They Haven't Always Been Well Thought Of
2. They Have A Peaceful Outlook
3. They Work Hard AND Play Hard
The thought is that Generation X has the benefit of possessing the best characteristics of both the boomers and the millennials, and none of the downsides. They know how to work hard, they know how to play hard, and they are very industrious.
4. They're Happy In Their Mid Life
In midlife, research describes Generation X’ers as ‘active, happy, and having entrepreneurial tendencies’.
5. They're Extremely Effective In The Workplace
Guides about managing multiple generations in the workforce have also described Generation X as ‘independent, resourceful, self-managing, adaptable, cynical, pragmatic, skeptical of authority, and seeking a work life balance’.
6. They've Had Some Things Easy
This is because Generation X were paid by the government to go to university. They're also the last generation to be able to afford a mortgage, and they remember when it was easier to get a job.
7. They Know How To Deal With A Hangover
8. They're Extremely Confident With The Internet
The Baby Boomers don't understand the internet and the millennials don't remember a time BEFORE the internet. But Generation X CREATED the internet, and made it what it is today.
9. They Get The Job Done
10. They Learn From The Past And Try To Shape The Future
Does this sound like you? Be sure to share this with your friends and family who were born between 1965 and 1982 to see if they too identify with Generation X!